As of 1st January 2007 UK companies and LLPs require the following information on their website and in their e-mails:
- • The company name (this might differ from the trading name)
- • The company registered office (which must be a geographical address not a PO Box)
- • The company’s registration number and country of registration
- • An e-mail address where the company can be contacted (requirement not necessarily for e-mails)
- • If the company is a member of a trade or professional association, membership details, including any registration number (requirement not necessarily for e-mails)
- • It is also advisable but not essential for the business to place its VAT number on the website and e-mails as well.
Note – the information must be clear and easily accessible. However, for a website, it does not need to appear on every page; for example, the information can be included on an “about us” or “legal” page. For e-mails, the information can be contained in a footer.
Contact us : email@example.com to see how we can help your business be compliant with UK laws.